Re: how to (temporarily) disable/minimize benefits of disk block cache or postgresql shared buffer

From: Matthew Wakeling <matthew(at)flymine(dot)org>
To: Rajesh Kumar Mallah <mallah(dot)rajesh(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: how to (temporarily) disable/minimize benefits of disk block cache or postgresql shared buffer
Date: 2010-07-05 09:55:07
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Sat, 3 Jul 2010, Rajesh Kumar Mallah wrote:
> Thanks for thinking about it.I do not understand why u feel OpenVz is weird.
> at the most its not very popular.

It's not OpenVz that is wierd, but virtualisation in general. If you are
running in a virtual machine, then all sorts of things will not run as
well as expected.

Matthew

--
Contrary to popular belief, Unix is user friendly. It just happens to be
very selective about who its friends are. -- Kyle Hearn