Re: Issue getColumns(): Nonstandard use of \\ in a string literal

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: ml-tb <ml-tb(at)emagixx(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Issue getColumns(): Nonstandard use of \\ in a string literal
Date: 2011-03-20 03:34:43
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011, ml-tb wrote:

> DB-Version: 9.0.2
> Driver: 9.0-801
>
> The metadata area of this driver seems to be a litte bit out of the
> development or test focus (see also: Double quoted column name from
> DatabaseMetaData.getIndexInfo).
>
> I got the the warning message "nonstandard use of \\ in a string
> literal" in the logfile from my postgresql server if i use the method
> getColumns(...) from the DatabaseMetaData of a java.sql.Connection.

The warning can be safely ignored. The warning is to tell you that the
backslashes can mean different things depending on the setting of
standard_conforming_strings. But since the backslashes are generated
based upon the setting of standard_conforming_strings, it's OK. I have
committed a fix to CVS to avoid that warning in the future.

Kris Jurka