Re: pgsql-jdbc/pgsql-odbc

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Postgres-Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, the6campbells <the6campbells(at)gmail(dot)com>, goldenhawking(at)vip(dot)163(dot)com
Subject: Re: pgsql-jdbc/pgsql-odbc
Date: 2009-11-19 03:28:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009, Tom Lane wrote:

>> I see that there's been no response to bugs #5194, #5187, #5051.
>> Should we consider adding a message to the bug reporting page that
>> suggests emailing the relevant list directly for JDBC/ODBC bugs?
>
> +1. Either that or somebody takes responsibility for forwarding
> bug reports, which might be nicer but I don't know who would want
> to do it.

I do read -bugs and try to follow up on all JDBC bug reports. Notably
none of the above referenced bug numbers are JDBC problems. I think the
problem is trying to determine what projects in the entire postgresql
ecosystem deserve special mention on the bug reporting page.

Surely there must be at least one ODBC person subscribed to -bugs. What
about just asking them to be more responsive even if they don't have a
solution?

Kris Jurka