Re: ANNOUNCE list (was Re: New PGXN Extension site)

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE list (was Re: New PGXN Extension site)
Date: 2010-06-17 14:47:41
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> What I'm referring to? The fact that at least last time I was looking at
> this, most (all other?) moderators *only* approve things. And never
> reject them, instead letting the timeout take care of things thatn
> shouldn't be posted. That means that if there are 10 moderators, every
> one of them needs to look at all the mails and ignore them. In cases of
> other lists where I moderate, people reject spam when they see it, which
> means that once I go in there I only see stuff that nobody else has
> already processed. Which makes for less double (or ten-double) work...

I sooooooo agree here ... and to make matters worse, when I go through all
of the groups once a week, I find a half dozen or more postings that
'slipped through the cracks' that should have been approved, but weren't
... but to get there, I have to weed through *hundreds* of postings to
find them ...

But, I think you and I are exceptions here, in that we use the web
interface for moderation, and not just email ... although I'm not sure why
its so far to do a 'Reply' and type 'Reject' since ppl have to have
already checked the body of the message to now it shouldn't be approved
... most of the work is already done by that point ...

----
Marc G. Fournier Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy(at)hub(dot)org http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy Skype: hub.org ICQ:7615664 MSN:scrappy(at)hub(dot)org