Re: More then 1600 columns?

From: "Mark Mitchell" <mmitchell(at)riccagroup(dot)com>
To: "'Dmitriy Igrishin'" <dmitigr(at)gmail(dot)com>,"'John R Pierce'" <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: More then 1600 columns?
Date: 2010-11-12 15:49:04
Lists: pgsql-general
hstore does look like it could work out better then a mother load of columns like we have now so long as the index support is good and there are no limits on value length.
It seems that the limit was lifted in 9.0? Is that true?
I was not aware of hstore when we started using postgres, that’s for the info!

And yes we do data analysis that tortures SQL, but SQL allows us to do so many things quickly and less painfully. Better to torture the machines then torture ourselves….

- Mark