Re: numeric data type?

From: "John D(dot) Burger" <john(at)mitre(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL-general general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: numeric data type?
Date: 2006-01-23 14:48:52
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a (only vaguely) related question about NUMERICs. I'm using
someone else's schema to copy data from their DB into mine. They use
NUMERIC quite a bit, with scale 0, where I would use one of the integer
types. My question is whether joining and matching on NUMERIC is
likely to be slower than, say, INTEGER. Note that I'm never doing math
with these values, they are just IDs.

Thanks for any info provided!

- John D. Burger
MITRE