Installing pgAdmin3 version 1.8.0 on Ubuntu Gutsy distribution

From: "Gabriel Giroux" <jiru0208(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Installing pgAdmin3 version 1.8.0 on Ubuntu Gutsy distribution
Date: 2007-11-06 18:43:11
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi all,

I'm using GNU/Linux Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon distribution on a Laptop where
PostgreSQL 8.2.5 has been isntalled.

I'm a newbie on Gnu/Linux OS and I would like to know if anybody in there
has tested the new pgAdmin3 release on GNU/Linux Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon
distribution?

I visited the pgAdmin3 Web page on Ubuntu Linux distribution regarding
pgAdmin 3 packages install, but there is no reference on how to install
pgAdmin3 Version 1.8.0 on the new Ubuntu release (Gutsy Gibbon). Does this
mean we have to build and compile pgAdmin3 from source?

Thank you for your help

Laptop : Toshiba Satellite 3000
Intel: Pentium III
512 MB RAM