Problem with SSL and postgreSQL 8.0.4

From: Uzo Madujibeya <uzomadu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem with SSL and postgreSQL 8.0.4
Date: 2005-10-27 10:46:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I have installed postgresql 8.0.4 onto my linux distro (SuSe 9.3 PRO). I
configured the build to support SSL:

./configure --with-openssl

To start postgresql I use the following command:

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -i -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

In my data folder I have my server.crt and server.key files. I have excluded
the root.crt file as the current postgresql drivers cannot pass
certificates. The readout from starting postgresql is as follows:

LOG: database system was shut down at 2005-10-26 22:13:58 BST
LOG: checkpoint record is at 0/A44F24
LOG: redo record is at 0/A44F24; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG: next transaction ID: 548; next OID: 17232
LOG: database system is ready

As you can see there is no message to say that the root.crt file is missing,
which I hav received in previous installs of postgresql, and of course when
I try to access postgresql via jboss 4 using an ssl url I get a message
saying that postgresql does not support SSL!!

What am I missing here?

regards

Uzo