Sockets and posgtres

From: "J S B" <jsbali(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Sockets and posgtres
Date: 2006-09-26 19:25:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I'm trying to make my database a client for an external unix based deamon
process acting as a server.
I was thinking of writing some clinet application in a shared object in the
database (same as what we do with socket programing) that does other Db
related activities as well.
Would be a right thing to do or we have specific tools available in postgres
to accomplish such kind of things.

Thanks,
Jas