Re: Connecting to a PostgreSQL Server remotely

From: "Jasbinder Bali" <jsbali(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Alec Resnick" <aresnick(at)mit(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connecting to a PostgreSQL Server remotely
Date: 2006-08-10 21:21:58
Lists: pgsql-novice

Even I'm facing the same problem.
In postgresql.conf,i changed the listen address to *, also i enabled all the
tcp options so that when i Exectute the statement EXEC SQL CONNECT TO
'tcp:postgresql://[ip address]:5432/dbname [user name and password] the tcp
connection is established but i always get -402 sqlcode meaning that the
connection is not established.

Thanks,

~Jas