Encrypting PostgreSQL for Dummies

From: gar8(at)pitt(dot)edu (Tony Reina)
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Encrypting PostgreSQL for Dummies
Date: 2003-02-24 19:06:14
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'd like to provide my Windows users with access to the PostgreSQL
database (which is on a RH Linux 8.0 machine) through encrypted
connections. There's a FAQ on the stunnel site which describes how to
do this for MySQL. Can anyone point me to some simple documentation on
how to do it for PostgreSQL? Specifically, I'd like to have the
encrypted stuff work in the background so that my Windows users don't
balk at having to do something new.

Thanks.
-Tony