Re: TODO List

From: "Luis Ochoa" <ziul1979(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TODO List
Date: 2008-11-18 14:00:17
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi, Dave in the todo list as major project you can add and an entity
relationship model tool with reverse engineering that manage all major
features of postgresql (like complex types and others). I hope to help in
this item after start to work again in the GQB and finish it :) I have
been busy :(.

- Will be very interesting create a tool (Report tool) that allow dbas to
create reports of data inside the databases (probably using the GQB) because
this is one of the most tedious work in some organizations where the dba is
developer too (not as part of main pgAdmin but as a plugin or something like
that).

- Something very important for me, is the creation of an update wizard that
alert users that there is a new version of pgAdmin and allow to install it,
or at least inform about the new features of the new version, because some
organizations are using very old versions of pgAdmin and never remember
about update it.

And a list of ideas from commercial applications:
- Blob View/Editor for more common files stored (like images) when navigate
througth data
- Help with bussines intelligent applications like OLAP or a data mart /
data warehouse design tool
- Interface to use SSH/HTTP tunnel

This are just ideas.

Regards, Luis.