Re: Autonomous transaction

From: Dan Sugalski <dan(at)sidhe(dot)org>
To: Daniel Daoust <daoustd_ca(at)yahoo(dot)ca>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Autonomous transaction
Date: 2004-09-13 16:12:57
Lists: pgsql-general

At 11:18 AM -0400 9/13/04, Daniel Daoust wrote:
>Hi, knowing that "autonomous transaction" (Oracle
>concept of) are not yet implemented in PostgreSQL, has
>anyone found a work-around. I need to preserve
>database states from a potential rollback and then log
>them inside database tables.

What I use for this is multiple DB connections. A rollback on one
connection doesn't (generally) affect any of the other connections,
so you can keep things separate and safe from rollbacks.

Note that you can deadlock yourself this way.
--
Dan

Dan Sugalski even samurai
dan(at)sidhe(dot)org have teddy bears and even
teddy bears get drunk