Re: Postgresql and Macintosh

From: Christoph Pingel <ch(dot)pingel(at)web(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql and Macintosh
Date: 2005-02-09 10:18:42
Lists: pgsql-general

>Please tell me if Postgresql runns in an iMac.

If you're on OS X, sure. I'd recommend installing darwinports
(http://darwinports.opendarwin.org), which makes downloading and
compiling as easy as that:

sudo port install postgresql8

darwinports also features several modules for accessing postgresql, I
use psycopg for Python.
On my machine, a 'not-too-current' Powerbook, the combo runs without
any problems.

best regards,
Christoph