Re: Picture with Postgres and Delphi

From: "Randolf Richardson, DevNet SysOp 29" <rr(at)8x(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Picture with Postgres and Delphi
Date: 2003-11-22 18:14:36
Lists: pgsql-general

[sNip]
> CGI will be slow. Of course.
>
> If you write fastCGI, that would be hell lot fast. For ultrafast static

Well, MOD_PERL and DBI.pm are part of the equation. So is NetWare,
which is still the undisputed champion of file and print servers.

> content delivery, you should use small web servers like boa. It
> outperforms apache2 by upto 3 times for statis delivery..

Do you know if BOA has been ported to NetWare? If not, then it's
simply not an option for me as one of my requirements is cross-platform
support. Apache is extremely flexible, and so it has been difficult for me
to justify anything else, but I am certainly open to looking at other
options for handling some aspects of this project.

Apache 2 also has options to load entire directories of files into RAM
for faster access. Although I haven't tested this yet, the concept seems
very good and I will probably use it for all the long-term static content
in my future projects.

--
Randolf Richardson - rr(at)8x(dot)ca
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

This message originated from within a secure, reliable,
high-performance network ... a Novell NetWare network.