Re: [INTERFACES] ESQL/C Docs: Request for code

From: Craig Orsinger <orsingerc(at)epg-gw1(dot)lewis(dot)army(dot)mil>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Cc: Martin Jackson <mhjacks(at)nwa(dot)quik(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] ESQL/C Docs: Request for code
Date: 1999-12-13 20:52:20
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On 12-Dec-99 Michael Meskes wrote:
> Cursors are used in the test examples.
>
>> I am familiar with the Informix ESQL/C implementation, if that matters.
>
> It should be the same for the most part. I'm interested in hearing about all
> differences you find.

Unfortunately, cursors are considerably different. The PostgreSQL
cursors conform to the SQL92 standard (pretty much), but Informix seems
to support SQL89 only with some extensions of their own (???). We had a
discussion about this in this group back in June, 1999.
You might want to check the archives. The title was something
like "ecpg documentation" or something like that. I saved part of the
discussion as a Unix text file, which is attached.

Date: 13-Dec-99 Time: 12:42:50

Craig Orsinger (email: <orsingerc(at)epg-gw1(dot)lewis(dot)army(dot)mil>)
Logicon RDA
Bldg. 8B28 "Just another megalomaniac with ideas above his
6th & F Streets station. The Universe is full of them."
Ft. Lewis, WA 98433 - The Doctor

Attachment Content-Type Size
esqlc_ecpg_conversion.txt text/plain 22.4 KB