Re: [ADMIN] When postgres will be faster?

From: sk(dot)list(at)comset(dot)net
To: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: Marcin Mazurek - Multinet SA - Poznan <m(dot)mazurek(at)multinet(dot)pl>, pgsql-admin(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, sk(dot)list(at)comset(dot)net
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] When postgres will be faster?
Date: 1999-12-01 09:05:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi!

On 30-Nov-99 Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> I suggest postgres experts comment this topic. We really need to work
> with different databases using one connection. Postgres is rather good
> scalable DB engine and IMO it's worth to have such feature like
> DB pooling. Once postgres support db pooling it would be possible
> to develope/modify various interfaces to work with httpd.
> I'm using mod_perl, apache, perl, DBI, ApacheDBI and now looking
> for CORBA :-)

If backend/db pooling will be made by postgres developers it will be a great
step to speed up www-based application using postgresql. ;-) Really.

So, When the pooling realized in postmaster other application NOT nessesary to
modify to speed up connection process... I read comments about AOL server.
Good. But this should be postgresql feature.

SKiller
Sergei Keler
WebMaster of "ComSet"
E-Mail: skiller(at)comset(dot)net