RE: Mysql comparison

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Joel Shellman <joel(at)trafficx(dot)com>, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Cc: webmaster(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: RE: Mysql comparison
Date: 1999-04-27 01:07:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Moved to hackers. It's probably the best place. As to the comparison,
I just started looking into that this mourning with a question from
someone else - with luck we'll have something there around the 6.5 release.

On 27-Apr-99 Joel Shellman wrote:
> Why don't you have a comparison with MySQL in your chart? I guess I ran
> into MySQL first, so perhaps it's a result of my experience, but I've
> seen MySQL as the closest thing to PostgreSQL's market as they are both
> open source (to a certain extent) and freely available.
>
> At least do you have any idea how fast postgresql is compared to MySQL?
>
> Also, it says that postgresql is not multithreaded--what exactly does
> that mean? Does that mean it can only handle one query at a time? That
> seems very strange.
>
> Thank you,
> --
> Joel Shellman
> knOcean Interactive Corporation
> http://corp.knOcean.com/

Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com flame-mail: /dev/null
# include <std/disclaimers.h> TEAM-OS2
Online Campground Directory http://www.camping-usa.com
Online Giftshop Superstore http://www.cloudninegifts.com