Re: [HACKERS] certainly not a banner day

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] certainly not a banner day
Date: 1998-12-29 20:46:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 29-Dec-98 The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Dec 1998, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
>

>> Decided to start from scratch. Did a gmake distclean and a fresh cvsup.
>> Reinstalled and did an initdb. Starting the postmaster gives me this:
>>
>> IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=5432001,
>> size=894392,
>> permission=600
>> FATAL 1: ShmemCreate: cannot create region
>
> erk...ipcs shows?

Bingo! That showed me that there were two keys sitting there (forgot all
about that command). I ipcsrm'd both and postmaster started.

Thanks!

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com flame-mail: /dev/null
# include <std/disclaimers.h> TEAM-OS2
Online Searchable Campground Listings http://www.camping-usa.com
"There is no outfit less entitled to lecture me about bloat
than the federal government" -- Tony Snow