PostgreSQL 9.0.3 on RHEL 5.6?

From: "Mark Johnson" <mark(at)remingtondatabasesolutions(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL 9.0.3 on RHEL 5.6?
Date: 2011-02-23 20:41:50
Lists: pgsql-novice

Is PostgreSQL 9.0.x certified to run on RHEL 5.6? My platform is x86_64. I am installing from source, not the one-click installer at this time.
I appologize if this is a silly question in the world of PostgreSQL. I am predominately an Oracle guy, and as such I am used to waiting for the vendor to certify their product on every release of the operating system. I am not sure how this works with open source databases like PostgreSQL. I have read through the release notes and I don't see anything like a max supported version of the operating system.
Thanks in advance,
-Mark