Re: PERFORM not working properly, please help..

From: wilczarz1(at)op(dot)pl
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PERFORM not working properly, please help..
Date: 2010-02-19 10:32:05
Lists: pgsql-general

I suppose some workaround would be to introduce temporary cursor:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION A3() RETURNS VOID AS $BODY$
declare _tmp record;
begin
select * from A1() as dummy ( x double precision ) into _tmp;
end;
$BODY$ LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

But I'm not sure if this is more effiecent than A3 returning the set. Thanks for replies!