Re: [HACKERS] Collaboration Tool Proposal

From: Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: "Bort, Paul" <pbort(at)tmwsystems(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Collaboration Tool Proposal
Date: 2004-06-09 00:27:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Paul,
>
>> Your main concern about RT isn't true, at least here at my office. I
>> installed RT, with no prior experience with any OSS tracker, back in
>> October, and it worked on PostgreSQL the first time. (PostgreSQL support was
>> one of the main reasons I chose it to track issues on my
>> PostgreSQL/Perl-based webapp.) I made this point in an earlier post in this
>> thread. There is no conversion effort needed with RT 3.0.6, it just works on
>> PostgreSQL.
>
> My apologies, then! I was operating off of the statements of others, and the
> fact that the only RT impelementations I've used were running on MySQL. So,
> questions:
>
> 1) can you compare/contrast RT vs. BZ vs. Simplified bug-tracking, like
> GForge?
I can't help here, but...

> 2) What help, if any, would we be able to get in supporting RT from the RT
> community?
RT community is VERY good, the rt-users list is REAL good, and Jesse
Vincent (the primary author) is VERY good about keeping PG support
up to date, and making the improvements necessary.

I run a RT on PG here as well.

LER

> --
> -Josh Berkus
> Aglio Database Solutions
> San Francisco

Larry Rosenman http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
Phone: +1 972-414-9812 E-Mail: ler(at)lerctr(dot)org