Re: [GENERAL] arrays

From: Mike Sosteric <mikes(at)athabascau(dot)ca>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] arrays
Date: 2002-09-30 17:04:48
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers pgsql-sql

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Josh Berkus wrote:

I have a very good sense of the strengths of relational databases. But
they are also limited when it comes to object orientaed data (like XML
records). I though arrays would be a way to simply the complexity you get
when you try and map objects to relations.

so a couple more questions then

Is Cache open source?
are the XML databases that are evolved and sophisticated enough to use in
production environments.

> of thought behind it -- it can solve a lot of problems.
>
> 2) Shift over to an XML database or a full-blown OODB (like Cache').
>
> Good luck.
>
> -Josh Berkus

Mike Sosteric <mikes(at)athabascau(dot)ca> Managing Editor, EJS <http://www.sociology.org/>
Department of Global and Social Analysis Executive Director, ICAAP <http://www.icaap.org/>
Athabasca University Cell: 1 780 909 1418
Simon Fraser University Adjunct Professor
Masters of Publishing Program
--
This troubled planet is a place of the most violent contrasts.
Those that receive the rewards are totally separated from those who

___
---