Re: [HACKERS] Date/time on glibc2 linux

From: Oleg Broytmann <phd(at)sun(dot)med(dot)ru>
To: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Date/time on glibc2 linux
Date: 1998-12-14 13:44:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello!

On Sun, 13 Dec 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:
> OK, I'm not arguing strongly against it, but imho the current code is
> not broken on any major *mature* platform :) The glibc2 stuff is fairly
> new, and everyone is still working out the details. We apparently
> understand the problem, but we haven't seen Oleg's patches to know what
> he actually did, whether the patches we are planning fix his problem, or
> what the effects are on machines (even of the same type) outside of his
> own.

I haven't worked out a real patch yet. I did a little patch for
configure.in/config.h.in, but you already committed the same patch. :)
I did a patch for datetime regression test (attached). The patch
triggers an error on glibc2. Works right on Solaris. I am not sure whether
we should include the patch into regression test...

Oleg.
----
Oleg Broytmann http://members.tripod.com/~phd2/ phd2(at)earthling(dot)net

Attachment Content-Type Size
datetime-regression-patch text/plain 1.1 KB