Re: can't retrieve data through PHP

From: Chadwick Rolfs <cmr(at)shell(dot)gis(dot)net>
To: Bruce Young <hbrucey(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: can't retrieve data through PHP
Date: 2002-10-26 18:49:53
Lists: pgsql-php

A better way to to db connection (without extra modules or anything),
would be to make a small .php file with your connect command in it. Then
you include that file in each of your scripts that need it (probably at
the top, or whereever). This may eliminate the need to make a new
connection, since your actual connect script never changes. It also
drastically reduces errors, and if put into a non-web findable directory
(but it has to be readable by the web-server/php), it can be far more
secure.

Take care. If anything above is misinformation, please correct me :>

-Chadwick