Re: multiple postmasters

From: David Mehringer <dmehring(at)astro(dot)uiuc(dot)edu>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: multiple postmasters
Date: 2001-01-10 19:34:34
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> > We're running postgresql 7.0.2 on solaris 5.7. The admin docs say that only
> > one postmaster process should be running.
>
> The docs are wrong in that case. Can you name chapter and section so we
> can fix it?

Hi,
Thanks for the quick response. I was looking around the postgresql website
for info regarding this and came across a sentence about it. Unfortunately,
I can not find it again. Will let you know if I come across it in the
future. The sentence I read may actually have meant that *the
administrator* should not start more than one postmaster process, in which
case I misinterpreted it.

--
David Mehringer, Ph.D. University of Illinois
dmehring(at)astro(dot)uiuc(dot)edu National Center for Supercomputing