Access 2000 and PostgreSQL 6.5

From: Phil Davey <pd213(at)mole(dot)bio(dot)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Access 2000 and PostgreSQL 6.5
Date: 2000-08-25 10:43:34
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

This is my first post to this list, so I hope it's right.

I'm trying to get Access 2000 to use a database on a linux PostgreSQL box.
The database works fine, as I can use a different program on a different
machine to select and update records etc.

Access (using linked tables) will view the database fine, but it gives a
'write conflict' message whenever I try and update a record.

I've tried making a MSysConf table which made no difference.
I've unset the readonly tick boxes in the ODBC driver settings.
The pg_hba.conf file is set up correctly.
I've also found some info in the microsoft knowledgebase (Q225926) which
seems to describe the problem exactly, but none of the solutions seem to
work.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any help.
--