Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] Problems with running v6.3 on DIGITAL UNIX

From: "Pedro J(dot) Lobo" <pjlobo(at)euitt(dot)upm(dot)es>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] Problems with running v6.3 on DIGITAL UNIX
Date: 1998-03-05 09:11:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>> ERROR: BuildFuncTupleDesc: function mkoidname(opaque, opaque) does not
>> exist
>> ERROR: BuildFuncTupleDesc: function mkoidname(opaque, opaque) does not
>> exist
>> longjmp or siglongjmp function used outside of saved context
>> /cec/scratch/cecweb/postgresql/bin/initdb: 10890 Abort - core dumped
>
>Known bug. We can't get Alpha working on 6.3.
>
>Let me mention on thing that may help the alpha developers trying to fix
>this.
>
>As part of 6.3 changes, I changed some contants in
>/src/include/catalog/*.h that used 0L to just plain 0. It seemed to be
>done inconsistently, and I could not figure out how the 0L could be
>different than 0.
>
>Can someone take a look at the 6.2 source and 6.3 source, and tell me if
>the 0L entries in 6.2 change the alpha behavior from a plain 0. Perhaps
>a way of testing would be to replace the 0L with 0 in a working 6.2, and
>run initdb to see if the system still works.

:-? I've looked at both 6.2.1 and 6.3 and have been unable to find a
single '0L' in either version. I've looked in all .h files in src/include,
not just src/include/catalog.

Pedro.

Pedro José Lobo Perea Tel: +34 1 336 78 19
Centro de Cálculo Fax: +34 1 331 92 29
EUIT Telecomunicación - UPM e-mail: pjlobo(at)euitt(dot)upm(dot)es