Re: Broken Constraint Checking in Functions

From: Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Akira Matsuo <akira(at)vanten(dot)com>, Mark Van Wouw <mark(at)vanten(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Broken Constraint Checking in Functions
Date: 2003-10-24 04:52:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Does it belong on the SET CONSTRAINT page, the CREATE TABLE page, or the
> CREATE FUNCTION page?

Hard to say. Possibly all three. I'd defer to your judgement on
this. I'd say I have a slight preference for putting it on the SET
CONSTRAINT and CREATE FUNCTION pages. Or another option would be to
create a section 2.4.6 in the User Guide to hold details on constraint
operations, and suggest on all three pages above that you consult this
section to find out just how constraints are going to work. Then we need
update only one place when a bug is fixed.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net> +81 90 7737 2974 http://www.NetBSD.org
Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're all light. --XTC