Re: Postgres Issue with JDBC

From: Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net>
To: John Kunchandy <johnk(at)stylusinc(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres Issue with JDBC
Date: 2003-05-07 10:39:32
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 5 May 2003, John Kunchandy wrote:

> 4) The Control Servlet now makes a call to the ConnectionManager to Free the
> Connection .(but since the Result Set still has values Connection is not
> freed).

That sounds to me like a problem with your pooling. Your pooling code
should return a pooled connection to a properly usable state when
Connection.close() is called, regardless of the current state of the
connection. If it can't do so, it should do a "real" close of the
connection.

Pooling code is very difficult to write. I suggest that unless you are a
real expert, you just use someone else's. Or, if it's a low-volume site,
you can get by without any pooling at all.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net> +81 90 7737 2974 http://www.netbsd.org
Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're all light. --XTC