Re: Status of tablespaces

From: Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net>
To: Sean Chittenden <sean(at)chittenden(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Status of tablespaces
Date: 2003-02-01 01:05:19
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Sean Chittenden wrote:

> But also invaluable in the cases where it is used. :) SQL backed
> Cricket/MRTG anyone? -sc

Actually, I've found that under some circumstances like this (lots of
data, import and deletion speed are the hightest priority, and you're
willing to do sequential scans across ranges for searches), not using a
database at all, but instead storing your data in compressed flat files
is by far the fastest solution.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net> +81 90 7737 2974 http://www.netbsd.org
Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're all light. --XTC