Re: Red Hat snubbed by Oracle

From: "Ricardo Ryoiti S(dot) Junior" <suga(at)netbsd(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-general <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Red Hat snubbed by Oracle
Date: 2003-03-18 14:48:59
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Ola,

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Oracle is now providing higher level support for United Linux than for
> Red Hat Linux:
>
> http://www.silicon.com/news/500011/1/3315.html
>
> I wonder if that is related to Red Hat's support for PostgreSQL.

Very probable, but I think that this can also be another attempt
to push oracle to linux corporate users. At least to me, it seemed that
people who use Oracle don't want to run it under linux at all.
If I had to choose an open source OS to run Oracle, it would be a
Net/FreeBSD. This is, of course, not a rule.

[]s
Ricardo.