Re: [GENERAL] Re: [General] pgsql on win95

From: Dustin Sallings <dustin(at)spy(dot)net>
To: Marten Feldtmann <marten(at)feki(dot)toppoint(dot)de>
Cc: Elmar(dot)Haneke(at)gmx(dot)de, pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Re: [General] pgsql on win95
Date: 2000-02-23 03:14:16
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Marten Feldtmann wrote:

# > On Mon, 21 Feb 2000 Elmar(dot)Haneke(at)gmx(dot)de wrote:
# >
# > Is there really an interest in spending the extra money for a
# > Windows license to build a less reliable database server?
#
# Hmmm, try to think about an application, which normally runs on a
# server, but then is also wanted (with much less data) on a notebook
# ...

My print server and an LDAP slave at home run on a UNIX laptop.
I've also got a Netscape Directory Server on a UNIX laptop at home, but I
don't use it quite as much as the OpenLDAP install on the other laptop.
The laptop I usually keep with me runs Postgres for development on the
road. It's kinda one of those, ``Choose the right tool for the job''
things. If a database server is what you want, then Windows 95 probably
isn't.

--
dustin sallings The world is watching America,
http://2852210114/~dustin/ and America is watching TV.