Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC into Access...

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: David Hartwig <daveh(at)insightdist(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC into Access...
Date: 1998-04-22 17:08:24
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, David Hartwig wrote:

> MS Excel in combination w/ MS Query may provide a better solution. It passes
> every query through.. I try to stay away from the more exotic types if I know
> I am going to expose them to the public.

Generally I'd feel the same way, except, in this case, its a 130 question
questionnaire that we're loading in, and they need both "answer" and
"score" recorded :( I figured an array would be great for this, since the
only other alternative I could think of was have one table for answers and
one for scores...which I *think* would be messy :(

Access was what I was going to use for testing, but if Excel should do a
better job of it, I'll work that route instead. Worst case, I waste time
trying this and have to revert to doing it the other way *shrug*

Thanks :)