autovacuum vs. createdb

From: Ben <bench(at)silentmedia(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: autovacuum vs. createdb
Date: 2008-01-15 23:32:17
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm noticing a problem where autovacuum touching template1 when createdb
is run is making createdb fail. That's easy to work around when doing
things by hand (just run it again), but when running createdb with a
script, it's not so clear to me how to keep things working all the time.

One thought I had was having my script insert rows into pg_autovacuum
temporarily (I assume in template1) but I'm not sure what tables I need to
tell the autovacuum daemon to keep away from. Is that a reasonable idea,
or is there a better one?