Re: What is happening on buildfarm member dugong

From: "Sergey E(dot) Koposov" <math(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)ru>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: What is happening on buildfarm member dugong
Date: 2007-09-11 14:20:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> This could be a compiler bug, or it could be our fault --- might need
> a "volatile" on some pointer or other, for example, to prevent the
> compiler from making an otherwise legitimate assumption. So it seems
> worth chasing it down.

Tom, Thank you for the directions, I'll try to do what you recommended.

> BTW, does ICC have any switch corresponding to gcc's -fno-strict-aliasing?
> I see that configure tries to feed that switch to it, but it might
> want some other spelling.

Apparently in none of the ICC manuals -fno-strict-aliasing is described,
but ICC accepts such flag, and produce the same code as with
'-fno-alias' flag (described in ICC manuals).

regards,
Sergey

Sergey E. Koposov
Max Planck Institute for Astronomy/Cambridge Institute for Astronomy/Sternberg Astronomical Institute
Tel: +49-6221-528-349
Web: http://lnfm1.sai.msu.ru/~math
E-mail: math(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)ru