Re: Post-Reboot Issue: Postmaster Not Accessible -- FIXED

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Post-Reboot Issue: Postmaster Not Accessible -- FIXED
Date: 2007-02-28 16:29:18
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Alan Hodgson wrote:

> Something happened to your /tmp directory after PostgreSQL started up.

Alan,

Seems so, doesn't it?

> Stop the postmaster, clean out the socket in /tmp, and restart the
> postmaster, and it will likely fix it up. Then you can investigate your
> boot process to see what's going wrong.

Ahhh-h-h! That did it. I did not realize that I could kill the socket and
have postgresql start it again upon loading. It's there now (owned by
postgres.users), and I can access both the shell and my accounts via
SQL-Ledger.

Thanks very much,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D. | The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. | Accelerator(TM)