Re: Porting Applications to Postgres

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Porting Applications to Postgres
Date: 2006-08-19 00:04:48
Lists: pdxpug

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> [16:44] justatheory: sugar is Oracle only, no?

David,

AFAIK, SugarCRM is hardwired for MySQL. I actually intalled the latter,
finally managed to get the former running, played with it for a couple of
weeks, then deleted both. Two reasons: 1) too much focus on eye candy, and
2) they target companies with large sales departments. It's really not
tunable enough for the single (or few) consultants who do everything.

> So: Try pgsql-advocacy. Subscribe here:
> http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/

Will do, thanks.

> I think you meant
> http://xmrs.sourceforge.net/

Yes. I do that quite frequently.

> The pgsql-advocacy list is probably a good starting point. There should be
> some decent PHP/PostgreSQL hackers there to at least make suggestions.

Very much appreciated!

Carpe weekend,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D. | The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM) | Accelerator