Re: SCSI disk: still the way to go?

From: Ben <bench(at)silentmedia(dot)com>
To: Riccardo Inverni <riccardo(dot)inverni(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SCSI disk: still the way to go?
Date: 2006-05-30 21:54:39
Lists: pgsql-general
How much money do you want to spend? If you don't care, SAN is probably the way
to go.

How much data do you have to store? If you can afford to fit it onto scsi, scsi
probably is still the way to go.

Otherwise, sata arrays have come a long way in 3 years, and they are by FAR the
cheapest solution out there. Do some research and see if they're good enough for
you.