Re: cvs head : broken regression tests ?

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: cvs head : broken regression tests ?
Date: 2004-06-08 16:09:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> You get this error, pg_strcasecmp, when you have a different libpgport
> library around instead of the CVS version. You need to clean something
> out to fix it.

Isn't the "make check" supposed to used the new version of binaries and
libraries?

I investigated a little bit following your hint:

Indeed, I already have a dev version installed in "/usr/local/pgsql". This
libpq is used during tests by "psql" rather than the newly compiled one,
despite the library path fix. I guess this is thanks to the
"-Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/pgsql/lib" option used when linking "psql".

So it works if I do a "configure --prefix=<some-empty-directory>".

It means that you cannot expect a "make check" to work properly if you
intend to install postgresql where a previous version is already
installed. Let's call this a "feature";-)

--
Fabien Coelho - coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr