Re: STABLE has no effect on PL/pgsql functions

From: psql-novice(at)netzach(dot)co(dot)il
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: STABLE has no effect on PL/pgsql functions
Date: 2007-06-01 09:49:47
Lists: pgsql-novice

This characteristic is extremely annoying, given the following:

SELECT * FROM my_table WHERE field1 != ALL (arrayfunc());
The above reruns arrayfunc() for every line

SELECT * FROM my_table WHERE field1 != ALL
(SELECT arrayfunc());
ERROR: operator does not exist: interval = interval[]

The above throws a tantrum, apparently because it considers it to be
an array of arrays.

Netzach