Re: Bitmap index status

From: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: jzhang(at)greenplum(dot)com, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bitmap index status
Date: 2006-10-19 00:25:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't want to harass you :), but what's the status with the bitmap
> index code? Is there something I can do to help?

Hi Heikki,

The streaming is implemented, as are range queries. I need to bring it up
to HEAD and back-patch to bizgres since... it's not diverged fairly
significantly from that code base.

Two outstanding items are handling vacuum and I was considering having a
bitmap selectivity function but I haven't really looked into it.

Once I bring it up to HEAD I'll post.

Thanks,

Gavin