lc_numeric and decimal delimiter

From: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: lc_numeric and decimal delimiter
Date: 2005-11-08 20:38:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

I am at OpenDBCon in Germany. People are complaining about floats/numerics
not accepting German/European conventions for the delimiter point -- a
comma. This is hard coded into the the numeric input parser but,
naturally, we use strtod() in else where. I'm not sure about the locale
stuff and whether it deals with it. Are we in the wrong here?

Thanks,

Gavin