Re: pg_dump on older version of postgres eating huge

From: Steve Krall <swalker(at)iglou(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump on older version of postgres eating huge
Date: 2004-03-19 15:51:14
Lists: pgsql-general

I've done this with the debug level all the way up...

You can get the file here( 20 megs uncompressed, 130K compressed ):
http://www.papajohns.com/postgres/postgres.log.bz2

While this dump was running, top reported that pg_dump was taking up
around 500-550megs. Then the machine stopped responding.

If you need anything else, just ask.

Steve