too short string for SQL in pg_stat_backend_activity

From: Pavel Stehule <stehule(at)kix(dot)fsv(dot)cvut(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: too short string for SQL in pg_stat_backend_activity
Date: 2004-08-17 09:40:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello

I my work I have problem with some ugly SQL. Processing some query takes 2
days and more (problem is in queries not in PostgreSQL). I can't wait on
end of query and can't take text of query from serverlog. Text of queries
has about 2 - 7 Kb. I have problem identifi queries in our is, becouse I
can see only begin of queries in pg_stat_activity, and in this view is
text of query cut on 1Kb.

Can I set somewhere an long for text, which is in current_query in
"pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity"?

Regards
Pavel Stehule