Re: Fixing the Turkish problem

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fixing the Turkish problem
Date: 2004-05-23 18:05:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Sun, 23 May 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> >> "pg_strncasecmp" that act like the above and replacing all calls of the
> >> standard library functions with these.
>
> > If you can post all the patches you'd like to apply, I'd be happy to test
> > them. (Sorry for the very late response, btw.)
>
> The patches are in; please give CVS tip a shot and see what you think.
> It passed regression tests in a Turkish locale for me.

Yes, it solves the initdb bug #1133. Thanks.

However, we still fail to sort small I (i dotless) and i. "i dotless"
comes before i in Turkish Alphabet, but ORDER BY sorts i before "i
dotless".

I would post a sample, but I'm not sure that anyone on the list could view
it :)

Regards,
--
Devrim GUNDUZ
devrim~gunduz.org devrim.gunduz~linux.org.tr