Re: Upgrade to Red Hat Linux 9 broke PostgreSQL

From: Bob Kline <bkline(at)rksystems(dot)com>
To: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Upgrade to Red Hat Linux 9 broke PostgreSQL
Date: 2003-04-14 12:22:53
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003, Lamar Owen wrote:

[ Very throrough and thoughtful reply, ending ...]

> So, unless some things change at fundamental levels, it's going to
> remain a problem. The lesson is to always do an ASCII dump before an
> OS upgrade. PostgreSQL is not the only program that can be borked in
> an OS upgrade, either.

Thanks very much for your excellent reply, and for your efforts to make
things better. I've learned my lesson for the future. I hope these
problems won't drive away too many prospective PostgreSQL users.

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline(at)rksystems(dot)com