Re: Upgrade to RedHat 9.0 broke PostgreSQL

From: Bob Kline <bkline(at)rksystems(dot)com>
To: mallah(at)trade-india(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upgrade to RedHat 9.0 broke PostgreSQL
Date: 2003-04-11 21:45:19
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003 mallah(at)trade-india(dot)com wrote:

> BK
>
> Its quite surprising that 7.2.4 is not compilable under redhat 9.0 ,
> which version of gcc does it come with?

3.2.2-5.

> yes you will need to dump the database using pg7.2.x and reload in
> 7.3.x.
>
> I can suggest one thing try to install 7.2.x on redhat using RPMS
> (since compilation already falied)

As I noted in the original posting I had tried this, and the
dependencies were hairy enough that I figured I'd be better off with
building from the source tarball. I went back and waded through the RPM
dependency message and finally got it all sorted out and working, but it
would be nice to know what's going on with the linker failures (and even
nicer not to have to go through the downgrade at all).

Thanks for the reply.

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline(at)rksystems(dot)com