Re: pg7.3b5 on cygwin 1.3.15-1 - Same error

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
Cc: "Henshall, Stuart - Design & Print" <SHenshall(at)westcountry-design-print(dot)co(dot)uk>, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg7.3b5 on cygwin 1.3.15-1 - Same error
Date: 2002-11-10 12:43:09
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Jason Tishler writes:

> The root cause is the following:
>
> o In some recent version of Cygwin, the above two lines were added
> to stdio.h.
> o Recently, the HAVE_FSEEKO ifdef was added to pg_config.h.in.

That doesn't explain why the PostgreSQL build would fail. Is fseeko
detected when it shouldn't have been, or vice versa? These would be
PostgreSQL and/or Autoconf problems, and I'd like to understand them so
they can be fixed at the right place. Adding a few things to a few
headers files shouldn't cause things to blow up.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net