Re: Speaking of dblink

From: Manuel Cabido <manny(at)tinago(dot)msuiit(dot)edu(dot)ph>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: "Weaver, Walt" <wweaver(at)rightnow(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Speaking of dblink
Date: 2002-09-24 01:42:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Sir,

We had been experimenting with dblink to perform remote update and
remote queries and queries involving multiple remote databases. It works
fine in our local intranet. I still need to find out how it would fare
when some of the remote database servers will be located outside of our
local intranet.

We tried to work on designing and implementing a distributed database
with most of the relations are horizontally partitioned particularly those
which are experiencing dynamic behaviour while those which are not always
updated are fully replicated in all the sites. Our experience showed that
these requirements are ably supported by dblink.

Manny Cabido
MSU-Iligan Institute of Technology
Iligan City 9200
Philippines